Oven cleaning is the most important part of kitchen cleaning. If you want to clean it, first, you have to know how to clean oven precisely. In this article, we are discussing oven cleaning tips step by step using baking soda and white vinegar.
What do you need for oven cleaning
Before microwave or oven cleaning you need to collect these material;
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Rubber gloves
- Spray bottle
- Microfiber cloth
- Dishwashing liquid
How to clean oven with baking soda and vinegar
Here we are talking about how to clean oven with baking soda and vinegar step by step;
- At first, empty your oven. And to do this, remove your pizza stone, oven racks, thermometer, or anything else you keep inside the oven.
- Take a small bowl; mix a 1/2 cup of baking soda with 3 tablespoons of water and a few drops of dish liquid. Now adjust this ratio until you get a spreadable paste.
- In this step, put on your gloves and spread that paste everywhere inside of your oven including- top, bottom, side, back, corners, and crevices as well. On positive note: if you use an electric oven, never put the paste on the heating elements. On the other hand, if you use a gas oven, you don't put paste where the gas gets through. Pay extra attention to the particular greasy areas when putting this paste in your oven. In this way, just try to coat the entire oven to the best of your abilities.
- Now let this paste sit 5 to 7 hours (depending on the mass of the dirt)
- For the time being, keep your oven racks in the bathtub or kitchen sink and sprinkle baking soda on it. Afterwards, pour vinegar on top of this rack. Now plug your bathtub or sink and run hot water and dip this rack into this water.
- Let the racks sit around 5 to 7 hours (depending upon the mass of your rack's dirt).
- After 5 hours, put on your gloves again and take a microfiber cloth. Then open your oven and wipe out all surfaces in it. If you notice any extra sticky spots in your oven, use a microfiber sponge, wet scouring pumice, or another polishing tool to remove all grease and grime nicely.
- Now if you still see/notice chunks of paste in your oven, spray a bit of vinegar with spray bottle. The vinegar will react with that baking soda as well as softly foam.
- Now take that microfiber cloth again and wipe out the foam fully.
- In this step, remove the rack from water and scrub off all the grime and grease with a cloth rag nicely and properly.
- Finally, replace the rack in your oven.
Last but not least, For cleaning any nook and crannies of your oven, you can use your old tooth brush. And for microwave or oven cleaning, "The Pink Stuff" is the most common and best cleaning solution also.
As oven cleaning is a difficult task, by using the simple oven cleaning tips you can do it very easily and quickly.